Thursday, March 11, 2010

This Weekend

This weekend is one of those weekends that you look at coming into it and wonder how alert you will be on Monday morning. Or better yet, if you will have any clean clothes to wear to work since you didn't have any time to do the laundry!

Tonight we have Children's Choir. We are getting close to our first ministry opportunity in "big church." The kids are sounding great, and I can't wait to show them off to our congregation on April 11th.

Tomorrow we are leaving for our last away Junior Bible Quiz tournament of the season. (The last one next month is at OUR church, whew.) I have the pleasure of joining 12 quizzers and their parents in Salem for a day of quizzing on Saturday. These meets excite me because I get to sit back and listen to the kids' hours of studying pay off. They answer questions that quite honestly, most adults wouldn't be able to answer. They win graciously, lose graciously and have fun doing it. I have been so proud of this team this year. As Jason would say, Rock the Q!

On Sunday morning I am excited to see what God is going to do in the hearts and lives of kids in each of our groups. There are so many amazing people that serve each week, with new volunteers coming on board all the time. It's going to be a great day!

After church on Sunday, I will be heading over to Central Neighborhood Church to attend a meeting for Royal Family Kids Camp - a camp we help put on the last week of July every year that is especially for abused and neglected kids - most of whom are in the "system." If you are on the fence about going to Royal Family this summer to be a counselor, come to the meeting, have lunch and learn more. (It's at 1:00pm)

Sunday evening we have Connection Groups. I love this time because I get to sit and talk with people that I may not see from week to week as I am involved kid's services most of the time. I get to participate in great discussion about a sermon that most weeks I was not present to hear, but it's great conversation nonetheless. I love my Connection Group.

Just a little update. I hope your weekend is fabulous!

No comments:

Post a Comment