Wednesday, June 8, 2011

This Sunday in Kid's Church

We've been learning about Joshua in Kid's Church for the past several weeks, and this Sunday we'll be tackling the story of Jericho. As I have been reading through the story in Joshua 6, I was reminded that too often we settle with just telling the kids the story. I'm sure most of our kids can regurgitate the story of Jericho. I'm also sure that the story was meant for so much more than "Joshua fought the battle of Jericho, Jericho, Jericho....Joshua fought the battle of Jericho, and the walls came tumbling down..." There is so much more to this story!

This week in Kid's Church, I'll be telling the kids about Jericho, but then going a bit deeper so that they can learn and understand WHY God told us this story in His Word. A couple of those truths are...*"I can trust God's instructions!" and "Even when it doesn't make sense, I can trust God completely."

I pray that Sunday our Kid's walk away with a new perspective on this commonly taught story. We will probably make a lot of noise in the process!

*I use an awesome curriculum, High Voltage - www.highvoltage-kids.com

No comments:

Post a Comment