Thursday, January 7, 2010

The latest

I have to admit, that even though I'm not a proponent of getting sucked into Holiday busy-ness, it happened to some degree in my life this year around. Part of that was the fact that my family and I moved a week before Christmas. Just across town, mind you, but still - I do not recommend this! We threw our tree up and a couple of sparse decorations on the 20th amidst unpacked boxes and clutter. Then one week later took off for St. Louis, MO to spend a week with my family. We had a great time, but the consequence? The tree is still up in my living room as I write. I'm hoping to get it all put away tonight, and put the final touches on decorating our house with pictures and such to finish making our house into a home.

Enough about the Peters! What I'm really excited about is that there is some great things going on in our Children's Ministry. On January 1st we launched a Bible Reading Plan for all children birth - 6th grade. By December 31st 2010, as a Children's Ministry Family we will have read through the New Testament. Today is January 7th. If you haven't started with us, it's not too late! It's roughly one chapter a day, with some chapters split up. My hope is that you will take this time as a family to read the Word together. Pick up a copy with instructions at the Info Center next time you are at church.

Another exciting thing that we rolled out this week was our new BethelGirls Club. We had a great group of girls last night Kindergarten through 4th grade. We rotated through groups learning Scripture, eating snacks, participating in fun activities and crafts. The girls seemed to really enjoy it; and I think the adults had fun too!

On Sunday in KidzBlast we are starting a new unit to usher in the Winter Olympics called "Winter Extreme." Your kids won't want to miss it. And in Club56 we will begin walking through some very important foundations of our church's doctrine - in a fun way, of course!

I'm looking forward to all that God is doing in our Kid's already this year.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you had a busy holiday! I'm so glad you got to spend some time with family. The activities with the kids at church sound great. Mary and I have started reading a story a night out of her little kids Bible. Even though she doesn't get it all she still repeats the character's name in the story. It is a beggining and we are trying to build a good foundation for her. God bless your day!

    ReplyDelete