Monday, January 25, 2010

Two Worlds

Yesterday I had the pleasure of being in KidzBlast. We played a fun game, worshipped with gusto, talked about Haiti; especially about the kids in Haiti, watched a cool object lesson, took an offering for Convoy of Hope, and prayed. I was amazed by the interest our kids had in just talking about this country and the tragedy that has occurred there. I can't remember a Sunday that they were so captivated by what was going on up on the stage and seriously - all I did was stand up there and talk. I talked about what it means to have Hope; hope that one day our relationship with Jesus means that we will spend forever with Him. It was a very profound service. One that reminded me how deep and impressionable kids can be at times. Before we broke up into small groups to learn more about the customs of Haiti, we broke into small groups to pray. In my group of 2nd graders, I had a first time visitor lead out in prayer for the people who are hurting and need food and water. I felt privileged to stand in that prayer circle.

Last night late, I gained a niece. My big brother and his wife are housing a little girl from Haiti for medical treatment. I'm not sure what the future holds for Jason, Jennie, the boys and their sweet Bernie, but God does. This morning as I was looking at pictures of Bernie for the first time, the reality of her situation hit me. She was in Haiti and experienced the earthquake and now she is being held in Jennie's arms...a world away. She is one of those children that my kids here at Bethel lifted up in prayer yesterday morning. We prayed that God would provide for children like Bernie, heal them, and make a way for them to meet Jesus. God is good...even though I haven't hugged my new little niece yet, I feel His goodness so strongly as these two worlds collided last night in our family.

1 comment:

  1. That is so awesome that your brother and sister-in-law have taken in a little one from Haiti. God bless them!

    ReplyDelete