Monday, April 12, 2010

The Children's Choir Debut

I love riding the wave of great, successful events in ministry. Yesterday was one of those days that created a perma-smile on my face! Several months ago, Renee Breiholz (one of those type of Children's Leaders I couldn't live without) came to me and shared a vision of a Children's Choir that God had given her. I have to admit that in the beginning I saw it as merely another "iron in the fire" but Renee's passion and excitement where contagious, so we moved forward. Renee did a great job leading up to our first rehearsal; advertised it well, talked it up among the kids, and we had a great response.

Yesterday the choir sang for the first time. They kids were awesome! They sang two songs, and I have to admit, they far exceeded my expectations of what they were capable of back in January when we started. The greatest part though, was during our second song "God You Make Me Smile." The chorus says "I raise my hands to praise your name, I am not ashamed, to praise your name, Jesus." Several of the kids spontaneously raised their hands to praise their God with a pure heart and motivated only by praising Him.

Renee's vision was that the kids would experience real, true worship; leading others in worship as well. I feel really privileged to have walked through this visioning process, and see the fruit come from it. Looking forward to the future with our Children's Choir!

2 comments:

  1. We so enjoyed the choir on Sunday! My daughter, Mary, is three and she just loved watching. She danced to the music and she raised her little hands too. It so blessed my heart. I can't wait until she is old enough to be in it too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Watching the kids worship as they sang was my favorite part too! I still tear up thinking about it. It was so remarkable - and yet so not. Those kids love Jesus and praise is so natural to them!

    ReplyDelete