Friday, February 19, 2010

Happy Birthday Jason

Today is Jason's birthday. This year has been different for Jason. This same week last year, we were packing up our house and getting ready for a move to Medford. Jason had resigned his position as youth pastor, worship pastor and interim pastor in Eureka, but he did more than that. He resigned from full time ministry, so that I could take a full time position at Bethel as Children's Pastor.

This year he has worked hard. He has taken the plunge into "secular" employment, yet all the while he has spent many hours volunteering himself at our church. He has told me often that it is "different" but not once has he complained to me or said that he wished that he would change the decision we made.

It has taken us this full year to adjust to our new life, and even through employment changes for him, moving houses, and daily hearing me talk and ask questions about what I should do, or how to do it, Jason has gone with the flow and been a great daddy, husband and provider. I wouldn't be able to put into words how much it has meant to me that he gave up a full time career in ministry so that I could have one. Jason is still called, and he still serves the church - a lot.

So, Happy Birthday Jason. I love you and I'm especially thankful for you this year.


1 comment: