Tuesday, February 16, 2010

What I'm reading

I often have a small stack of books I'm working on. Here is what is in my stack right now:

I read the book Crazy Love last week. I've had it either on my desk or in my bag taking it to and from the office for about 2 months now. I just haven't made it a priority to read it. I recommend this book to everyone, especially if you are pretty comfortable with your relationship with God. It is incredibly challenging, and I don't mean that casually. It will absolutely turn the way you think about your life and your walk with Christ inside out.

Another book that I should have read months ago is Think Orange. There is a lot of buzz about this book in the Children's Ministry world, and I felt like it was time for me to see what all the talk was about. Why Orange? The author, Reggie Joiner uses the color Orange as an analogy not by itself, but as a blending of the colors yellow and red. Yellow is the church and red, the family. When you blend them, you get Orange; and a ministry philosophy that is catching the eye of a lot of Children and Family Pastors.

I am also currently making myself a student of special needs ministry. There are a couple of books on this topic that I'm reading so I can be better prepared to minister, and to train our volunteers to minister to kids with special needs.

I also spend some time reading some blogs each week. I have a few favorites that include speakers I've heard, children's pastors I follow, plus other miscellaneous people who have great things to say (including my Dad). A couple I recommend - www.jonathancliff.com; www.bostern.wordpress.com; www.ryanfrank.com; and www.insidenorthpoint.org. Those are just a few of my favs.

So, what are you reading? Anything that is challenging you?



No comments:

Post a Comment