Thursday, July 2, 2009

MEGA

Last night we had our 4th night of MEGA Sports & Ministry Camp.  I love it.  The excitement from the kids is really high, and things are starting to move along like a well oiled machine.  I have so many fantastic volunteers that are giving of their Wednesday nights all summer to hang out with our kids.  I had the opportunity last night to watch some of the sports sessions, and it was really great to see the smiles on the kids faces as they were challenged to learn more about each sport, but were having a ton of fun.  At snack time, I sent the basketball players up to grab their oranges, graham crackers and grapes, and it seemed like by the time I turned around a group of boys were running back down to the basketball area mouths full, chewing, ready to get back to b-ball.

As I walked through the halls, I heard hysterical laughter coming from the Ministry room as they were all totally immersed in the drama exercise they were doing.  Kids are learning what it means to minister with their talents...awesome.

My favorite part though is the opening rallies where we get to sing songs, jump around, give God crazy praise and learn more about how to live an "Undefeated" life.  The excitement has been high, kids are learning not just our key points, but the HUGE Theme Verse as well.

I am thankful for this program, for the kids who are loving it, and for the volunteers that make it possible.  4 weeks down, 9 to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment