Thursday, July 23, 2009

Missions Minded Kids

Today I'm putting the  finishing touches on KidzRoc for Sunday Morning where we'll be doing a BGMC emphasis.   As I'm preparing an object lesson on different World Religions and looking through pictures of not only adults practicing these religions (Buddhism, Hinduism, Islam...) I'm seeing pictures of children.  It's difficult to look through picture after picture of children who have been taught these things from birth, and will most likely live out these things until death.  My immediate first thought is, 'what in the world can I do to help reach these?'  A couple of things...pray of course, but maybe also support a missionary or even go on missions trips myself.  The second question and in my mind, the more important question, is what am I going to do to teach not only my kids, but the kids at church about the need?  How can I instill that passion in their hearts to be consumed with compassion for the lost?  

The answer is probably that I can't teach it.  I can pray for it.  In the mean time, I'm going to show them some of the pictures that have brought me to tears this week as I prepare.  I'm going to do an Object Lesson that hopefully will have them thinking well after they leave the service Sunday morning.  I will collect their Buddy Barrels and send the money to BGMC.  And I'm going to pray.  Pray hard that some of these kids will catch a passion to reach the lost.

1 comment: