Thursday, August 6, 2009

Last Night

I love being a Children's Pastor.  I get caught up in it enough that sometimes I feel sorry for those around me that don't get to do what I do...just kidding....kind of :)  Honestly though, it's nights last like last night that give me the most joy and excitement about this calling that God has placed on my life.

We had "salvation night" at Mega Sports Camp last night.  We have had 7 weeks of building on our theme "Undefeated" teaching the kids how to live an Undefeated life in all areas.  Last night we learned how we can live an Undefeated life over the power of death.  I told the story of the crucifixion, but focused on the resurrection and the power that Jesus had over death.  

After the story, we broke into Huddle Groups, which are small groups of kids that meet with their coaches to reinforce the story.  Side note -I have to say, I love my church so much and the amazing workers that have given up their Wednesday nights this summer to work with these kids...  Our Huddle Coaches used an evangelistic tool - the EE Cube, to visually show the kids the message of salvation (you'd have to see it to appreciate it.  Come by my office and I'll show you!)  We had several kids respond with a desire to pray and ask Jesus into their hearts.  Awesome!  I'm so excited about what God is doing this summer in our kids, and I know even better things are yet to come!

1 comment: