Wednesday, September 9, 2009

School Days

Hello Parents. Hopefully by now you have sent your kids (most excitedly I presume!) off to their first day of school. Ours was yesterday, and except for a couple of tears in the midst of confusion, we did fine. (And no, the tears were not mine!).

Something that I want to encourage you to do each day is to pray over your kids. I have begun to see our schools as battlefields lately. Not a physical battlefield of course, but a spiritual one. Some things to pray over your kids...

  • Physical safety. It's the first thing on my mind most days. Injury on the playground, exposure to germs...you know what I'm talking about!
  • Emotional safety. Kid's can be cruel and say things that hurt.
  • That God will guard their hearts. There is so much that kids are exposed to today. Even my first and second grader aren't immune to that.
  • For their teachers. They spend 6 hours or more each day with your kids; pray that God will shape the way they teach, and the influence they have. If they're not a Christ Follower, pray for their salvation!
  • Good friends. I want the little people who have influence on my kids to be hand chosen by God.
  • Their academics. Pray that they stay focused and on task, reaching their full potential as a student.
And rest assured, I will be praying for your kids too. It's going to be a great year!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the reminder, Pastor Aimee! We like to thank God at night for all the things we pray for in the morning, too.

    It IS going to be a great year!

    ReplyDelete