Monday, December 13, 2010

December 13th - Christmas Books

For as long as I can remember, there has been a stack of Christmas books by my parent's fireplace, or on the coffee table. Their stack is quite large, everything from short simple stories, to a collection of authors, to full novels.

When I go home for Christmas, I grab the latest selections and sit and look through them in the rocking chair by the fire. It's one of my favorite things.

When Jason and I were engaged, my Mom started us with our own book collection. It has grown throughout the years, and this year especially, the kids have had fun looking through the books. One of them is an Anne Geddes picture book that goes through the Twelve Days of Christmas. I think the girls have already "sang" the book to JJ about 150 times this month.

A lot of my Christmas memories are special, and some are just dependable. The stack of books by the fire is just that - dependable. So this year, that's where our stack sits...in between the fire and my favorite place to sit on the couch. I will stop and sit several times in the next couple of weeks and peruse the books.

No comments:

Post a Comment