Tuesday, December 21, 2010

December 21st - Christmas Shopping

A few years ago I could never understand people's issues with shopping around the holidays. "What's the big deal?" is what I would always think, loving the opportunity to shop for my family members. Then.....then....then I had kids. Then, they grew up a little. Now, I am on the same page as those that dread battling the mall parking lot, or the Medford holiday traffic, or the cranky people in line at Toys R Us.

I remember when online shopping became all the rage. I thought to myself "I will never do that! What's the fun in shopping from home when you can get out there and do it in the store?" Oh you naive, childless, ignorant girl you....

I have to admit, I do still really enjoy shopping in person when it involves the following:
  • One, but not to exceed 2 of my 3 children
  • A parking space within the same zip code as the store I am intending to shop
  • NO rain
  • Ample amount of time, as not to become "rushed" and get immediately irritated (this is a side effect of my current pregnancy and may change at a later date!)
I have, admittedly, shopped online this year. Not once, but TWICE. Dear me, I can't believe it. I have a feeling this is just the tip of the iceberg for me...next year I will have four children. One more to shop for, one more stroller, one more car seat to buckle and unbuckle....and? I wouldn't trade it for anything in the whole world.


No comments:

Post a Comment