Monday, December 6, 2010

December 6th - The big Disneyland Surprise

I am sure that most of us have one magical, over the top year that we can remember from our childhood Christmases. I had several where my parents got me something memorable, but there was one year in particular that they pulled of the greatest surprise a kid could want.

One year on Christmas Day, and after the present opening had taken place, my Mom and Dad sat down and pulled out a puzzle that simply had three pieces. As they sat on the couch holding the puzzle, they had Jason, Josh and I one by one each take a piece and read a clue that was written in my Dad's handwriting underneath the puzzle piece. I cannot remember all three clues, but I do remember one was something about bringing your walking shoes. At the end of the three clues, we had to guess what they all meant, and the conclusion? We were leaving the very next day for Disneyland!

I don't know if you have seen those commercials lately where parents surprise their kids with a trip, saying something like "we are getting on an airplane in the morning..." and the kids freak out with excitement. I remember a similar celebration in our living room - jumping, shouting, hugging, laughing... And the next day we left for Disneyland.

Jason and I haven't had the opportunity to take our kids to Disney yet, but when we do, we have already decided we are going to make it the surprise of a lifetime.

I know in the beginning I said that these memories weren't in any particular order, but this one is at the top of my favorites!


No comments:

Post a Comment