Sunday, December 5, 2010

December 5th - Luke 2:1-14

For a few of my elementary school years, my brothers and I were able to attend a Christian School. Our family could name countless memories from that time - it was great because my Dad's church office was at the school, and my Mom was the school secretary so we were all in the same place during the day.

Every month in every grade we had a passage of scripture to memorize. In December each year it was the same...Luke 2:1-14. We would work on it for weeks, then recite it to our teachers. I can still recall most of it from memory. Even though memorizing scripture can be a chore, it truly is a treasure within my heart now that I am an adult. So, when I hear any reference to Chapter 2 of Luke, it reminds me of that special time at Manteca Christian School when we received that valuable assignment....to hide God's Word in our hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment