Friday, December 3, 2010

December 3rd - The year we got Nintendo

If you are in your late 20's or 30's, chances are you had a Nintendo when you were in your preteen/teen years. One year, that was the main wish for my brothers and I...The Nintendo system, complete with Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt. My Mom always had us make our Christmas lists, and I have to say that most years unless it was just completely outrageous, we got the "most wanted" thing on our list.

Christmas morning came that year, and as we came downstairs our "big gift" was usually out and unwrapped. We raced down, and there were presents, that's for sure - but no Nintendo!

We unwrapped our presents one by one (this is another tradition for another day), and one by one, we got some great things, but still no Nintendo. I remember as we opened the last gifts, Jason and I looked at eachother with a dissapointed shrug, and I thought "maybe next year." It was right about that moment when my Dad said "hey, I think one of the presents might of got left in my closet..." He didn't even have the last words out of his mouth when Jason, Josh and I tore up the stairs, practically climbing over eachother in a mad scramble to reach the coveted gift waiting. Of course, it was the Nintendo. Days and days of Nintendo playing followed... a great memory.

I love the excitement on my kid's faces when they open that one gift that they have been hoping for. I'm pretty sure my parents remember this day as well as I do...it was one of the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment