Tuesday, December 14, 2010

December 14th - A Christmas Carol

This memory is an isolated incident. I remembered it a couple of weeks ago, but it wasn't until yesterday when my Dad blogged about it, that I remembered again.

First, go here: http://louiesalazar.blogspot.com/2010/12/my-own-personal-christmas-tradition.html and read about one of my Dad's Christmas traditions.

The thing is, I remember this movie as well. But I don't have such good memories of it! One year when living in Arvada, (this must be the year my Dad bought the black and white version of A Christmas Carol on VHS), my Dad decided that on Christmas Eve we would all watch the movie together.

I should probably apologize my Dad for what unfolded; an hour or more of whining, eye rolling, and generally bad attitudes among my siblings and I. Needless to say, it became my Dad's tradition and not a "Family" tradition. Sorry Dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment