Friday, December 17, 2010

December 17th - Time spent with family

Now that our kids are getting a little bit older, I enjoy the opportunity to have Christmas at home every once in awhile. I would, however, trade being at home with being at family's house in a New York minute.

I love being with our parents, and brothers and sisters. Last year, we flew to Missouri the day after Christmas for a week, and the best part were the late nights playing games, and playing Nintendo with my brother Josh and his wife, Kelly.

When we go to Colorado to visit Jason's family, we sit around the table long after dinner is over and talk, or play Balderdash which is always hilarious. These trips also catch Jason and I up on our movie watching, which is one of the best things about vacation, especially vacation over the holidays.

So, this year, we will be playing things like Trouble, Sorry & Chutes and Ladders. I can promise you that we won't stay up to the wee hours playing video games because we don't have a Nintendo, and let's be honest...Super Mario Bros. is the only game worth staying up until 2:30am to play.

Even though we will miss our family terribly, I'm looking forward to spending extra special time with our kids. And...the years away make the years we get to be together that much more special.

No comments:

Post a Comment