Saturday, December 18, 2010

December 18th - Christmas Dresses

I am a self proclaimed tomboy. Self proclaimed because I don't have anything to hide, and when I was younger I would never have been able to fool anyone anyway. I loved sports, riding my bike, collecting baseball cards, and anything else my brothers were into. I didn't love dressing up in dresses much either.

God must have a sense of humor, because he has given me two very "girly" girls. They love to be dressed up, they love having their hair done, and pretty much just love anything girly. Their Christmas lists consist of requests for dolls, barbies, more dolls and Nintendo DS games that would only be enjoyed by a true girl.

One thing I do love is dressing them up. A new dress to Madelyn and Elyse is right up there with the newest, most desired toy. Each year we try to get them a new dress for the Sunday before Christmas, so today we went to the store to find one. Oh my goodness, what a time we had looking through the dresses. After going back and forth between a couple of choices, they excitedly made their decisions.

Oh what a joyous day tomorrow will be when they get all dressed up (along with their little brother who is wearing the cutest tie and sweater vest). We will take pictures, we will praise them for how beautiful they are, and I will stand back and shake my head, still not understanding how I produced these little fancy young women.

No comments:

Post a Comment