Saturday, December 4, 2010

December 4th - The Story of Wallace Purling

My Dad loves Christmas more than anyone, which is probably why I have so many rich memories of that time of year. He has the ability to make Christmas special, and not just for our family, but for the entire church. As a Music Minister, he has always been able to put special touches on the Christmas season to make it a memorable time for the church family.

One of the ways that he does this is by telling stories on Sunday mornings throughout the Christmas season that he has picked up over the years. They vary most of the time, but the one story that makes an appearance every year is the story of Wallace Purling. He loves it so much that he just blogged about the story the other day.

You can read it here - http://louiesalazar.blogspot.com/2010/12/trouble-at-inn.html

More so than the story, what I love is the joy in which my Dad tells it. Over the years, I am pretty sure that he added a detail or two to make the story more compelling. I won't get to hear the story in person this year, but it's nice to have the memories of all of the times I have heard it. Perhaps I will tell it to the kids in our church one Sunday morning this year to continue the tradition...

No comments:

Post a Comment