Wednesday, December 22, 2010

December 22nd -O Holy Night

I love Christmas Music. I love listening to it, singing it, and performing it. There have been favorites...my youth drama team in Central Point used to do a human video to "A Strange Way to Save the World" by 4Him. I've seen great things done to "Mary Did You Know" and then there's always "Holy and the Ivy" from my first post.

JJ has grown to love carols this year as well. He favors Silent Night, Little Drummer Boy, Santa Claus is Coming to Town, and Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer.

There is one carol in particular that brings back a funny memory, and I do believe there is a video tape somewhere in my parents house of this event. When we were in Manteca one Christmas for a Sunday Morning service, my Mom and older brother, Jason did a harp/vocal duet to "O Holy Night." The details are a little sketchy, but as I recall, the first service went great. Mom played, Jason sang...beautiful. Then the second service...Mom played, and Jason started to sing, but the microphone stand became a little loose. As Jason sang, the microphone on the stand starting sliding down, down, down. And as it slid, rather than grab it to tighten it, or just hold the mic, Jason bent over little by little until he was bending over singing in to a microphone at about waist level.

This story makes me laugh out loud when I think about it. Something like this, having happened to me, wouldn't probably shock anyone because things like this tend to happen to me. But Jason? Oh no, he is a polished performer and perfectionist. That's probably what makes it even funnier to this little sister.

No comments:

Post a Comment