Tuesday, December 7, 2010

December 7th - Christmas Pajamas

Parents, you may not realize the impact that traditions have on your kids, but believe me, you will probably be surprised one day when you hear them talk about the things that were most meaningful to them. There is one tradition that I loved so much growing up that I have carried it on every year with my own kids.

Every year on Christmas Eve my Mom would pull out a brand new pair of Christmas pajamas for all of the kids. I loved putting them on and wearing them that night, and likely for several hours the next morning. There was just something about a brand new pair of warm, cozy, festive pajamas that made Christmas more...well, Christmasy.

I don't remember the exact year that ended for me; but I think I was in college. On Christmas Eve, there were no pajamas. My Mom had just assumed I had grown out of that desire I suppose. When I expressed my sorrow over the lack of pajamas and the fact that I had indeed NOT grown out of it...she rushed out and bought me a pair. I'm pretty sure that was the last year, because shortly after I got married and now I have passed the tradition down to my own kids. I hope they love it as much as I used to.

1 comment:

  1. That is a wonderful tradition. I made Mary a set of Christmas pajamas and it was so fun. This year I didn't have time to make some, but I did by her some new jammies for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete