Wednesday, December 8, 2010

December 8th - Watching White Christmas


There are a few movies that are "must watch" movies during the holidays. One is Christmas Vacation with Chevy Chase. Of course we catch A Christmas Story sometime during the Christmas Eve marathon, and I try not to let a season go by without watching Home Alone. We just added Elf to this year's rotation of Christmas movie classics in our family.


I'm not sure when I first developed my love for the 1954 movie "White Christmas." I know it's a classic, and I know that everyone has seen it...but I LOVE this movie. It is tops on my list of favorite movies of all time. There's just something unique and wonderful about the characters, the music and the storyline that I can't really explain.

Each year my Mom and I would make it a priority to watch it together. We still do when we have the chance to be together for the holidays. When I was in my last year of college and first year of marriage, my Mom mailed me my own copy of White Christmas. So when I miss out on watching it with Mom by my side, Jason will watch it with me.

As much as my kids love music, I will probably get them hooked on this movie before too many more Decembers fly by. I haven't watched it yet this year, but I will soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment